FMCG or Fast-Moving Consumer Products are an integral part of our daily routines and span across a range of products that range from beverages and eatables to stationery and residential and private care. faithful to their name, they need a quicker turnaround as compared to other products and need effective process-chains for timely and efficient replenishment. With the frequent advent of recent products and technologies, one needs to get on the toes to stay up with the FMCG industry and grow with it.
Due to the very nature of the products it caters to, the industry faces a spread of challenges that require it to be tackled to supply endless and adequate flow of products to the market and win customer loyalty and successively, business profitability.
Challenges faced by FMCG –
• Unavailability of the products – it’s the foremost prominent risk thanks to various reasons including wrong calculation of replenishment levels, inadequate or wrong sales forecasting or just unavailability of the particular stock there at the situation. it’s a disastrous situation because the consumers can quickly switch to the competitor’s products in such circumstances causing insurmountable damage to your business and reputation.
• more than inventory in hand – it’s an actual opposite situation where there’s a way over goods-supply resulting in dead money. Every FMCG manufacturer strives to stay the optimum safety stock readily available to avoid wasting the unnecessary cost.
• Discrepancies amongst reporting – over and over, the identical report from different sources display different figures resulting in ambiguity.
• Inappropriate tools for distribution management – Sales can not be tracked by the normal means of a notebook and pen that has become obsolete in today’s fast-changing and highly demanding market. it’s time to embrace the advanced technology for efficient and accurate tracking.
How helps you within the mission to knock down the challenges –
• Inventory Management – The dealer management software ensures the stock replenishment of the proper product at the proper time and right quantity, ensuring the merchandise availability within the competitive market with optimum safety stock leading to the value saving, increasing profitability.
• Centralized control on distribution management – ’s dealership management software is renowned for managing a huge and sophisticated distribution network. The merchandise offers centralized control and management of the dealership network and also takes care of the complex and stringent taxation effectively.
• Real-time Data Visibility – With capturing primary and secondary sales data, is crucial for planning the assembly and deciding the business strategies to determine as a key player within the competitive FMCG market. supported the available information, the merchandise also helps you manage the schemes and offers.
This Software has developed an integral part of manufacturing organisations – having an oversized distributor & retailer network. Visibility of Primary & Secondary Sales has enabled companies to plan strategies for timely delivery of products to Distributors, Dealers and Retailers. However, it’s also becoming increasingly important for manufacturers to make a trusting relationship with their distributors & retailers. This is often where a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) can sway be useful. A CRM system is founded to streamline and automate communication with retailers & distributors to make sure consistency and ongoing engagement.
However, to handle high sales volume and manage different stakeholders within the sales process, FMCG/ FMCD companies want to depend on one platform that manages both their distributor network and is a relationship management for his or her retailers and distributors. Both DMS & CRM systems perform unique functions, but when converted to one platform it can become a robust solution.
Reasons Why you want a Distributor Management System Software for Your FMCG Brand
Every product goes through various stages and follows a selected process from manufacturing to the last word destination so on induce into the market. When the whole process is complete, the merchandise is delivered to the customer through a wholesaler and retailer chain.
Advanced Distributor Management System Software (DMSS) deals with the corresponding steps within the provision chain connected to the distribution of finished products. The phases include manufacturing, packaging, inventory, warehousing, and transportation facilities.
Nowadays, distributor management system software in India is indispensable to manage the full supply chain and fulfil the demand of the consumers. Let’s consider the utility of a Distributor Management System Software. While the reasons and advantages are probably endless, we have got listed down seven major ones:
1. Real-time visibility
As an FMCG company, it’s a necessity for you to induce clarity on real-time visibility of all business data from your distribution channels. If you are not employing a DMSS, you’ll have to depend upon the offline data provided by your distributors on a particular frequency, which is neither real-time nor authentic. But actually, you must not compromise on variety of the key information like current stock available with distributors, orders pending for fulfilment, order being returned by the retailers and plenty of more. Hence, to handle your distributors smartly, distributor management system software is the necessity of the hour.
2. Monitoring the remote place scenario
With the rapidly increasing revenue growth in India, FMCG companies are weaving their distribution networks almost altogether the districts of the country to initiate faster product channelization from plant to retailer. With the challenges like large volume, time management and remote geographical location of the distributor, sometimes it becomes difficult to induce clarity on your product movement from all of your distributors. With distributor management system software in place, you will be able to get all the data on your fingertips whether or not a distributor operates from North-east or semi-rural components of state or South India.
3. A large boon for your distributors
The idea of implementing DMSS is indeed a solution which is completely helpful in terms of streamlining and automating many of their daily processes. Automation of every kind of product movement, system generated invoicing, details of outstanding payments, intelligent alerts are some examples how a distributor’s work goes to be easier with the software.
4. Quicker claim settlement
Another great benefit that your distributors will get with DMSS is the best time period for claim settlement. With return schemes, damaged receipts, everything automated through DMSS, there’ll always be clarity to distributors and also the corporate on the deliverables and payables. Further, with online claim submission through DMSS, all the claims are finalized much quicker than a manual system which usually consists of multiple rounds of modifications between both the parties.
5. Improved management of promotion and schemes
Promotion and schemes are two of the foremost important pillars of any business. Companies usually spend an oversized amount of money on these activities. Distributor management system software ensures all mandatory checks and balances at the time of invoicing and provides you a transparent analysis of performance of each and every scheme.
6. Quicker stock replenishment
No must say that it is important for FMCG companies to stay up optimum stock levels at different touch-points like stockist, distributor retailer etc. Well, DMSS gives you an accurate visibility on stock, expiry date, batch number, return and more. At distributor points, you will be able to get significant alters well before and furnish replenishment much previous.
7. Effective production planning
Preferably your provider management system software should be integrated with the demand planning module of your ERP. At that point the assembly planning engine of your ERP will have clear information on the real-time stock level, pending orders for fulfilment at your distributor points. that completely ensures better production planning resulting in reduced or zero wastage of your production resources.